As a 3D Artist your primary responsibilities will be to create fully textured in-game 3D assets from in-house created concept art. Part of the work will also be to create high quality promotion renders. More specific responsibilities, skills and expectations will differ depending on your focus area (characters or environments) but all 3D artists are expected to create outstanding general assets.
You will work closely with our creative and talented art team that among other things have contributed to LittleBigPlanet™, LittleBigPlanet™2, LittleBigPlanet™ PSVita, LittleBigPlanet™ Karting, “Run Sackboy! Run!” and LittleBigPlanet™3.
The position is full-time on site at our office in Karlshamn.
- Create appealing art, working with the artist team and concept artists to balance quality and game performance.
- Create, edit and optimize polygonal game assets, environments or characters accurately from provided concept art, keeping the appeal and the essence of the concept.
- Maintain the style for different assets, environments or characters on the same project.
- Follow art directions and The Station’s technical requirements.
- Create great looking textures, in a variety of styles, both from reference and from scratch.
- Proper and imaginative use of materials and shaders.
- Ability to assess and implement clean, efficient geometry for maximum performance in the engine.
- Expertise in Photoshop and at least one of mayor established 3D applications, preferably with experience of Autodesk Maya.
- Required understanding of how rigging and animation impact character creation with regard to spans and geometry topology.
- Self-driven; excellent verbal and written communication; team player.
- Expertise in Substance Painter
- Industry experience.
- Knowledge of V-Ray rendering.
Not necessary but would definitely put you ahead of the competition;
- Substance Designer expertise
- Illustration/Concept Art
Note: Must be willing to relocate to Karlshamn, Sweden.
Send your application along with your CV, personal letter and a portfolio link to email@example.com