Are you passionate about creating characters? Or do you enjoy painting epic vistas? Maybe you love to create inspiring logos and icons?
Station Interactive seeks experienced 2D artists to join our quest to create outstanding games. Please apply if you feel like you’re a really kick-ass at concepts artist or 2D game artist, ’cause we need both.
As a concept artist your duties would include:
- Create appealing concepts, working with the artist team and project lead to develop outstanding characters, assets and environments.
- Working closely with other artists by providing sketches and paint-overs of in-game assets for maintaining the look and feeling of the game, and provide visual improvements where needed.
- Provide concept art that is easily communicated and serves as a good target image for a 3D Artist.
- Providing research and conceptual development ideas independently.
- Follow art directions and Station Interactive’s technical requirements.
- Create easy to follow storyboards.
As a 2D game artist your duties would include:
- Contributing assets for style guides and media design documents as needed.
- Create polished and compelling UI assets.
- Design and explore high-quality mockups. layouts and iconography in a time sensitive manner.
- Modify or create new menus, designs and assets for new products.
- Implement finished UI that balances aesthetic design, in-game performanc eand user-friendliness.
- Design interesting and inspiring logos.
- Demonstrating enthusiasm, drive and a sense of urgency when performing job functions.
- Creating color keys and mood pieces for environments to aid in maintaining the atmosphere of the project.
- Portfolio displaying mastery of color, composition, form and design within various mediums, with an eye for detail.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop.
- Versatile and able to adapt to different art styles.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Organized and with great attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good social skills and willing to contribute to a healthy work environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and visual.
- Driven, focused, and won’t settle for mediocrity.
Not necessary but would definitely put you ahead of the competition;
- Experience with Illustrator, InDesign and Flash.
- Experience with 3D art packages such as Maya or 3DSMax.
- Animation skills
Send your application along with your CV, personal letter and a portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Must be willing to relocate to Karlshamn, Sweden.
Station Interactive is an independent game development studio founded by Swedish Entrepreneur of the Year – Mattias Nygren, former CEO and Executive Producer of Swedish Game Developer of the Year – Tarsier Studios (makers of LittleBigPlanet™ PlayStation Vita – TIGA Game of the Year 2012).