As a Game Designer you will create concepts, prototypes and oversee implementation of features for the current project. You will work with other designers to ensure the overall vision of the project is represented in the game’s design. You will be involved in all the steps of game design, concept, prototyping, implementation and balancing as well as the optimization phase.
- Create design concepts and prototype test cases, in order to find interesting and fun gameplay/mechanics.
- Hands-on development of game design through all stages of development. You will own and develop features from concept to final
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure a high quality game design
- Participate in design and level design sessions to understand the outline of the game experience
- Communicate your designs to the team and ensure consistency with the Lead Designer/ Game Director.
- Help to maintain and prioritize backlogs
- Participate in feedback of other designers’ work
Excellent Unity skills
Excellent Unity C# hacking skills (it doesn’t need to be pretty)
Previous game industry experience as a designer
Team player with good communication skills
Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
Willing to relocate to Karlshamn, Sweden
Additional Skills and Traits
Experience working with other leading game engines.
- Game writing
Why work with us?
We are a great mix of singles, couples and parents, from people in their 20s to people in their 40s. At The Station, we take pride in always delivering High Quality in a timely manner no matter the project and now we are looking for a fantastic Game Designer and outstanding co-worker to join our coding team! If you think you fit the description and have the heart in the right place (generally in the left side of the chest) and are eager to reconsider a change for Karlshamn and a career at the Station we can boast;
10 meters to the ocean
30 meters to swimming (nearest place where you can bathe without getting run over by a schooner)
2 restaurants within 40 meters
500 meters to the pub
Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
Flexible work hours, 6 week paid vacation for a better work/life balance
Send your application along with your CV, personal letter to email@example.com